标题: 《The Treasure Of Ptakuth》作者: - Leigh Brackett【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-3-24 14:19
标题: 《The Treasure Of Ptakuth》作者: - Leigh Brackett【EPUB】
The Treasure of Ptakuth Terry Shane stood in his deserted camp and swore. To his left the red Martian desert stretched in waterless desolation to the horizon. To his right, perhaps fifty yards away, rose a range of barren hills, low and worn by the press of ages. And at his feet was all the equipment the deserting bearers had left him; a canteen that might, with careful nursing, take him across the desert to the oasis of Morn, whence he had just come. "By the holy saints!" swore Terence Shane, in a fury as black as his hair; "I'll not be frightened from Ptakuth by any crawling scut that hides his face in the dark!" The note in his hand mocked him. It had been pinned on his tent flap, and it said: "Your bearers have finally been persuaded to go home. Since you have proved obstinate, I can only say I hope you'll change your mind before you run into trouble. Having heard Terence Shane's boast that he never knows fear, I'm afraid you won't. But in all fairness, I warn you again: stay away from Ptakuth!" It was signed Thaldrek of Ved. Shane knew of him. Everyone in the System knew of the

欢迎光临 (http://162.241.138.223/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2